Laura Baker-Finch / June 29, 2012
June 23-29 was a great week for music and music festivals, especially here in New York. Here’s what you missed, courtesy of the Cultivora team.
- Governors Ball Music Festival took place on NYC’s Randall’s Island last Saturday and Sunday. Check out Laura Baker-Finch’s recap and Marjana Jaidi’s photo highlights for Day 1 and Day 2.
- Gov Ball festivalgoers took part in Cultivora’s #GovBingo Instagram game, Samantids’ creative entries won her passes to next year’s festival.
- Cultivora compiled their first New York City Music Guide – a new series in which they sort through all the NYC event listings to provide you with the top live music picks each week.
- Marjana Jaidi captured an intimate Blue Note Jazz Festival performance at which Theophilus London performed “Lisa,” off his upcoming album, Rose Island.
- San Francisco’s Treasure Island Music Festival released their lineup, featuring headliners Girl Talk and The XX.
- Safa Jinje sat down with Linus Booth of Jokers of the Scene to talk about his latest monthly residency in Toronto, Legoblocks.
- Fool’s Gold, the Brooklyn-based record label, announced their full summer festival lineup for the Fool’s Gold Clubhouse along with the first monthly Clubhouse compilation.
- Cultivora created a festival guide for Australia’s Splendour In The Grass, a 3-day festival taking place July 27-29 in Byron Bay.
Coming up: Roskilde begins tomorrow, Saturday June 30, in Denmark and the first CBGB Festival, taking place July 5-8 across New York City, will kick off with a keynote address by Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic Thursday.