Laura Baker-Finch / July 27, 2012
July 20-27 was a busy week at Cultivora, which means they have tons of new festival news to share.
- Laura Baker-Finch went to the inaugural Firefly Music Festival in Dover, Delaware, last weekend. Check out her festival coverage and head to Facebook for more of her festival photos.
- Catalpa NYC kicks off tomorrow on Randall’s Island. To prepare, take a look at the festival’s non-music activities, the pros and cons of the official mobile app, and plan your days with the artist schedule.
- If you’re in town for Catalpa, read Joseph Sunder’s guide to Downtown Manhattan Style - it has all the best stops for musicians to get suited up.
- Lollapalooza is also fast approaching. Cultivora has a Spotify playlist and a view at the festival’s mobile app as well as a look at Jason Rezvan’s overlapping sets dilema and why he thinks all festivalgoers should watch a part of Black Sabbath’s Lolla set.
- This past Tuesday, Cultivora’s office was flooded with new albums, EPs, singles, and videos to jam out to. In case you missed it, here’s what’s new and worth a listen this week.
- At a loss for what to do music-wise in NYC this July 27-August 1? Look no further than Cultivora’s NYC Music Guide – they’ve compiled all the best live music events in the city into one handy guide.
- Rose Mardit gave us a look at Detroit’s Backpack Music Festival – where techno and charity go hand-in-hand.
Coming Up: Australia’s Splendour In The Grass kicked off in Byron Bay today and will continue throughout the weekend. NYC’s Catalpa also takes place this weekend, check back with Cultivora next week for their photos and coverage.