Laura Baker-Finch / August 03, 2012
Here’s what you need to know about music festivals this week, July 27-August 3, courtesy of our friends at Cultivora.
- Last weekend, Laura Baker-Finch and Marjana Jaidi went to the inaugural Catalpa NYC, which took place on Randall’s Island. Check out Laura’s review of Catalpa to read about the event’s stormy debut and to see photos of the amazing artists who attended. Then head over to Cultivora’s Facebook for their Catalpa NYC Photo Album.
- Seattle’s Decibel Festival, which will take place September 26-30, added 30+ artists to their lineup of already over 130 performers. They also released the first wave of Decibel Afterhours parties.
- Jason Rezvan is in Chicago this weekend for Lollapalooza, check out his guide of what to do after Lolla ends each night.
- Cultivora found this week’s new music a bit underwhelming compared to the last few, but you can see what was released and decide for yourself with their New Music Tuesday: July 31 article.
- SXSW 2013 is now open for business! Start planning now with Cultivora’s revamped South By Southwest Travel Guide. Even though the event doesn’t take place until March, you’ll be glad you did.
- As always, Cultivora has your back for the best live music events in NYC this week with Laura Baker-Finch’s NYC Music Guide: August 2-8.
- This weekend, Lollapalooza in Chicago, HARD Summer in LA, and Osheaga in Montreal are taking place. Check out Cultivora’s festival guides for each and stay tuned for festival coverage next week.